The Burley Irrigation District (BID) was formally organized on March 5, 1918, but has delivered irrigation water to the farmers, ranchers, and residents who live in and around the communities of Burley and Declo, Idaho since 1904.
246 E 100 S
Burley, ID 83318
Our canal system encompasses nearly 48,000 acres. Beginning at our diversion gates on Minidoka Dam, water is flows approximately 13 miles via the Main Southside Canal to the 1st Lift Station in Declo, ID. The water is lifted 30 feet in elevation to form both the G Canal and the feeder canal for the 2nd Lift Station. At the 2nd Lift, the water is lifted 30 more feet in elevation to form both the H Canal and the feeder canal for the 3rd Lift Station. At 3rd Lift, the water is lifted the final 30 feet in elevation to form the J Canal. The Main Southside Canal as well as the G, H, and J canals are depicted on the main system map below in bold red. In total, the canal system is nearly 400 miles in length.